iPhoneography Quick Tip: Delete Photos From Photo Stream
Up until recently there was one hugely annoying thing about Photo Stream…uh…you couldn’t actually delete photos! Apple dropped the ball on that one! Whoops! (Well, there was a roundabout way to delete photos but it involved wiping your entire photo stream and re-uploading, not massively convenient). Not only was Apple’s glaring oversite annoying, but it could of course potentially lead to people who may have access to your photo stream (via a shared or family computer) seeing photos that they shouldn’t. Now, with the release of iOS 5.1, you can delete one or more photos as you need to! Not only that, but when a photo is deleted on one device, it is also deleted from all of the other devices that are using Photo Stream. Score.
So what do you need to do to delete photos from photo stream? As we’re talking iPhoneography here, we’ll give you the steps to delete a photo from your iDevice, that is, your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
It’s pretty easy:
1. Navigate to the Photos App
2. Open your Photo Stream Album
3. Tap the Share button (top right corner)
4. Select the photo(s) you want to delete by tapping on them, you’ll see a red check mark appear in the selected photos.
5. Tap the Delete button.
6. Confirm you do actually want to delete these photos.
If for some reason you did want to delete or reset your entire photo stream, you can do so by following these instructions:
1. Log into your iCloud control panel by navigating to iCloud.com. You will need to enter your Apple ID and password to log in.
2. Once logged in, access your account by clicking on your name in the top right of the page navigation.
3. When you see your Account Overview, click on the “Advanced” tab in that panel.
4. Now click on Reset Photo Stream.
5. You will be prompted a second time to confirm that you would actually like to reset your photo stream, if yes, click Reset.
One final note, resetting your entire photo stream does not delete any photos stored in your device, to delete your photo stream album from your device and consequently remove those photos you must turn your Photo Stream OFF on your device. To do this navigate to Settings -> iCloud -> Photo Stream and set your photo stream to OFF.